About the Author
Writes mainly science-fiction but has written a fantasy series. One of the first authors I tried and still going strong. Does a lot of novelisations, and has taught screenwriting, for films and movie tie-ins. The Humanx Commonwealth universe, that Foster created, is very interesting and provides the scenes for his best novels (IMHO).
His future plans include a trilogy about the birth of the Commonwealth, starting Summer 1999 (Phylogenisis).
Flinx Series set in Humanx Commonwealth
Founding of the Commonwealth
- 1. Phylogenesis (1999, Del Rey, ISBN 0-345-41862-X)
- Nor Crystal Tears - I found this story, that chronicles the first meeting between the Human and Thranx, very moving.
- Voyage to the City of the Dead - A boat trip, on an watery world leads to the ruins of an alien civilisation.
- Icerigger Book 1: Icerigger Trilogy. - Good story of a group of people who get marooned on an alien ice planet, and have to make their way back to humanx civilisation.
- Mission to Moulokin Book 2: Icerigger Trilogy.
- The Deluge Drivers Book 3: Icerigger Trilogy.
- Sentenced to Prism - A man is stuck on a planet where is lifeforms are silicate-based.
- Cachalot - Water planet where huge whale-like creatures are destroying all the humanx floating cities.
- MidWorld - Two survivors of a crash, find the planet MidWorld is not as uninhabited as they thought.
- The Howling Stones - (1997) Two human xenobiologist try to pursuade the primittive alien Seni to join with the Humanx Commonwealth, as opposed to the lizard-like AAnn Empire. Then the two discover thesuper-technology Stones that the "primitive" aliens make use of, and all hell breaks loose.
- CyberWay - American Indians/Magic Paintings/Detectives.
- Alien Nation - Film/TV Series. Aliens land on Earth and settle in LA. A human and alien detective are teamed up to solve a murder.
- Starman - Film/TV Series. An alien lands on Earth and struggle to travel accross America to where a Starship can pick him up.
- Aliens - Film. Sci-Fi classic. Sequel to Alien. An elite marine unit is sent to a colony to find out why they have stopped communicating with Earth.
- Alien 3 - Film. Sequel to Aliens. Sequel to Aliens. Ripley crash lands on a planet of convicts - with an alien.
- The Black Hole - Film. The Disney film. A US spaceship encounters a lost starship on the edge of a black hole.
- Darkstar - Film.
- Glory Lane - Aliens/Teenagers. Quite funny. A mismatched group of teenagers help an alien escape evil alien hunters.
- ...Who Needs Enemies? - Anthology. Excellent.
- With Friends Like These... - Anthology. Very Good. ADF has a talent for short stories.
- Splinter of the Minds Eye - Starwars novel.
- Star Trek Logs 1-10 - Startrek novels.
- The I Inside - Story about artificially created people and a man caught up in their mystery.
- Into the Out Of - Demons must be stopped from invading our world.
- Design for Great-Day - A single human threatens a warring alien planet if they do not end an interstellar war. Why is he so confident, alone against a whole planet, of his demand?
- To the Vanishing Point (1988) ISBN 0-7474-0426-7 - The Sonderbergs family trip to Las Vegas turns out to be through the road to hell and back.
- SLIPT - Jake Pickett is a seemingly ordinary old man, who grew up next to a chemical dump. The experience changing Jake, giving the ability to make things slipt. When Jake uses his powers to perform tricks for the local kids, he is observed by an ambitious young executive, who tries to abduct Jake for laboratory testing. Good story.
- Carnivores of Light and Darkness (Warner books)
- Parallelities - A reporter is transported to parallel worlds, after being affected by a mad scientists new invention, where he meets all kind of differences that challenge his sanity.
- Dirge (June 2000, 345-41864-6 Hardcover, 352 pages)
Go back to the authors archive page, Updated Authors list
Farris Systems 1997