About the Author
Wrote a mixture of sf and fantasy, and is unfortunately deceased. His
most popular work is the Amber series. The first Amber series was very good, but
the second seemed to be less focused plot-wise. He wrote a number of short
stories, but I prefer my books longer. My favorite by him was, _Nine Princesof Amber_.
- This Immortal (originally called "...Call me Conrad")
- One of his early works (1966). Like his Amber series, the main character
was superhuman and long-lived, and the main cast seemed to hate each other. More simple than the Amber novels, it is also a good deal
shorter. Interesting to read, if you like the Amber novels, but not a novel I
liked a good deal. It won the 1965 Hugo Award, tied with Frank Herbert's Dune.
- The Dream Master (1966) - I liked this one about a shrink.
- Lord of Light (1967)
- A Rose for Ecclesiastes (1967, Collection)
- Isle of the Dead (1969)
- Creatures of Light and Darkness (1969)
- Damnation Alley (1969)
- Nine Princes of Amber (1970) - My
favorite, great beginning.
- Jack of Shadows (1971)
- The Door of His Face, The Lamps of His Mouth (1971, Collection)
- The Guns of Avalon (1972) - Sequel to Nine Princes.
- Today We Choose Faces (1973)
- To Die in Italbar (1975)
- Sign of the Unicorn (1975)
- My Name is Legion (1976, Collection)
- The Hand of Oberon (1976)
- Deus Irae (1976, Collection)
- The Courts of Chaos (1978)
- Roadmarks (1979)
- Unicorn Variations (1983, Collection)
- Last Defender of Camelot (Anthology) - Some good stories, and some misses.
Go back to the authors archive, Updated Authors list
Paul Farris 1996